Before the ride:
- First things first. Find out what height, weight, or age you must be to go on each ride. There's nothing worse than lining up for half an hour only to find out you're not even allowed on the ride.
- Some rides may have their own safety rules. So pay attention to the signs and listen to what the ride operators tell you.
- Don't forget about your belongings. Things like cell phones, iPods, sunglasses, and hats can make a quick exit during a ride. Keep them in a safe place so you don't lose them.
- If you have long hair, put it up in a ponytail. Also, remove scarves or jewelry. You definitely don't want them to get tangled in any part of the ride!
During the ride:
- Always listen to the ride operator's instructions.
- Don't get too carried away on a ride. Keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times.
- Buckle up! Always stay seated and buckled in until the ride comes to a complete stop.
After the ride:
- Don't spoil your day by leaving something behind. Make sure you have your belongings before you exit the ride. If you need help getting your lost item back, ask the ride operator to lend a hand.
- Know when to say "no." If you're feeling tired, don't overdo it. Try taking a short break before you get back to the fun. If you still feel wiped out, it may be time to pack it in for the day.
- If you see something wrong with the ride, play it safe. Be sure to tell the ride operator right away before anyone can get hurt.
Here are some other helpful tips to make sure you have a blast at the amusement park:
- When you arrive at the park, decide on a meeting place. That way, you'll be able to find your parents or friends easily if you happen to get lost.
- Stick to the buddy system. You should always hang around with a group and never go anywhere alone. Besides being safe, it's a lot more fun!
- If you do get lost or need help, ask someone wearing an amusement park uniform to give you a hand. It's part of their job to help!
- Don't forget to beat the heat. Wearing sunscreen and drinking lots of water will guarantee a fun day at the park!