Before you make a big splash this summer, follow these simple rules for a safe day at the water park:
- Be sure to listen and follow the attendant's instructions.
- Going down? Never dive, run, stand, kneel, or spin while you're on the waterslide.
- Always keep your hands inside the slide, so they don't get hurt.
- Play by the numbers. If the slide is for single riders only, don't double ride with another person.
- Be patient and wait until the attendant gives you the go-ahead to slide. You shouldn't head down the slide until the splash-down area at the bottom of the waterslide is clear.
- Once you've made your way down the slide, move away from the splash area quickly to make room for the next person in line.
Here are some other tips to help you splash in safety:
- Make sure you decide on a meeting spot at the park, so you can find your parents or friends if you get separated from each other.
- The more the merrier! Stick together in groups and never go anywhere in the park alone.
- If you get lost or need some help, ask a lifeguard or someone wearing a water park uniform to help you.
- Don't overdo it. Take a break from the waterslide if you're feeling tired. And remember to always wear sunscreen and drink lots of water. It's a surefire way to help you have fun in the sun!